Cooper Funeral and Bereavement Services, Haldimand, Ontario Cooper Funeral and Bereavement Services, owner of Ballard-Minor Funeral Home, located in the town of Dunnville, Ontario and Cooper Funeral Home located in the town of Jarvis, Ontario is seeking an experienced Funeral Director - Class 1 with 2-5 years of experience for immediate, full time employment.
The Funeral Director is responsible for arranging and directing meaningful funerals by presenting creative and personalized options, creating an outstanding level of client family service and satisfaction. The successful candidate is a self-starter, works independently and effectively as part of a team and has exceptional communication and customer service skills. The Funeral Director will actively participate in the continued growth of the local market for this funeral home.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- All tasks associated with Funeral Director – Class 1, including, but not limited to arranging, directing and coordinating funeral services, visitation coverage and embalming. The successful candidate must:
- Be willing to relocate to or reside at a location amenable to management and maintain active involvement within the community and remain committed to building and establishing effective relationships and rapport.
- Meet and surpass the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
- Be willing to work in multiple locations
- Be willing to work on a scheduled basis with on-call requirements
- Possess a valid driver’s license (minimum class G)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Graduate of a recognized funeral service education program and holds a valid Ontario Class 1 Funeral Directors License
• Current knowledge and understanding of the FBCSA and funeral home compliance
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office – (Word, Excel, Outlook), and funeral service software, or the ability to become so in short order
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
• Ability to positively contribute to the team by communicating effectively and professionally with all team members, management, vendors and client families
Success in this role means:
• Being independently driven and self-motivated; a self-starter who is proactive and competent
• Having excellent client service skills and a professional demeanor;
• Being organized and a solid multi-tasker, conscientious with high attention to detail;
• A professional demeanor and ability to juggle multiple priorities;
• Being an effective team player with positive leadership skills;
• Ability to display empathy and sensitivity when required and to be confidential about issues you are dealing with.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to email your resumé and a cover letter in confidence to Ian Cooper at email@example.com. When doing so please outline your compensation expectations, career aspirations, available start date and reasons for seeking this position.
The application deadline for this position is Friday, May 18, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants whose background and experience match the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Cooper Funeral Home is located at 19 Talbot St W, Jarvis, ON N0A 1J0
View Map Here →
Download PDF →